Show Your Love for City Employees
Here at City Hall we frequently hear from residents about how your City employees have gone above and beyond the call of duty. From fishing a class ring out of a sewer drain in the pouring rain to changing a tire for a stranded motorist, your City employees are committed to going above and beyond in order to deliver Excellence, Every Day.
We all know how easy it is to speak up when things don’t go our way. Let’s turn the tables and focus on the positive. Have you been impacted by City of Germantown employees who go above and beyond to deliver excellent service or just want to tell us about why you love living in Germantown? Let us hear from you! Respond using the online form. Want more information or just prefer to speak to someone? Call customer service at 757-7200 and speak to Emily or Sonja. They will be glad to hear your story!
While there are too many to list here, these are a few of the recent collective achievements of your City employees:
- Community survey results reveal that 90% of residents are satisfied with City government’s overall job of providing high quality services.
- Germantown Fire Department has achieved a Level 1 ISO Rating, the best possible rating, making your fire department one of only three other fire departments in Tennessee and only 241 fire departments across the country have achieved this top rating, representing the top 0.5% of the over 46,000 evaluated agencies nationwide.
- Germantown is a Tennessee Center for Performance Excellence, 2017 Excellence Award winner, for implementation of successful quality management systems. The award is the state’s highest honor for performance excellence.
- Germantown SWAT Team is back to back MTOA SWAT competition champions in five separate events
- Nationally Accredited Police and Parks and Recreation Departments
- Commercial Appeal Top Workplace for three consecutive years
- Healthier Tennessee Community of the Year 2017 for successful efforts to encourage the community to move more, eat healthy and stop using tobacco.
- Government Finance Officers Association GFOA Award for the City’s Comprehensive Annual Financial Report, Popular Financial Report and GFOA Distinguished Budget Presentation Award for each of the 33 years the program has been in place
- AAA bond rating from S&P and Moody’s makes Germantown one only 118 cities in the nation that can claim this achievement.
- Germantown Fleet Department awarded 100 Best Fleets in America and recognized by the American Public Works Association with a Certificate of Achievement for Leading Fleets
- Successful staff fundraising efforts at Germantown Performing Arts Center will fund more than 50% of the construction cost of The Grove, an exciting new outdoor entertainment venue for the City.
- The City’s REACH after school program received the coveted 3-star award from the Department of Human Services.