Application forms and information related to filing deadlines are available here.
Code compliance is charged with review and approval of temporary sign permits. The charge for a temporary sign permit is $30. If the request meets the ordinance requirements, a permit can be issued by Neighborhood Services, located at 1920 South Germantown Road.
Those submitting a sign requests that deviates from ordinance requirements must submit a sign application to the Design Review Commission for consideration of a temporary sign variance.
For more information, contact Charmaine Jones at CJones@Germantown-TN.gov or call (901) 751-7603.
Temporary Sign Permit Form
DRC Application Form used to request a variance from the ordinance requirements for a temporary sign
Signs on business front window information sheet
All permanent signs are subject to review by the City of Germantown. The documents listed below will assist applicants in making permanent sign requests. For information pertaining to permanent signage, contact Sheila Pounder at SPounder@Germantown-.gov or call (901) 757-7295.
Germantown Code of Ordinances - see Chapter 14, SIGNS
Staff Administrative Review
Application for permanent sign request where a sign policy has been approved will only be considered if the sign meets the following conditions:
- The sign is for a tenant who is located in a center with an approved sign policy;
- The sign complies with all of the requirements of the center sign policy; AND
- The Sign complies with all of the requirements of the City of Germantown Sign Ordinance.
Design Review Commisison Review
Design Review Commission Application for Permanent Sign - This application must be completed for the following permanent sign requests:
- The sign is for a tenant who is not located in a center with an approved sign policy;
- The sign is for a tenant who is located in a center with an approved sign policy but does not comply with all of the requirements of the policy; or
- The sign does not comply with all of the requirements of the City of Germantown Sign Ordinance.
See application forms and deadlines here.
Shopping Center Sign Policies
Applicants making a permanent sign request for a tenant in a shopping center with an approved sign policy must obtain a copy of the center's sign policy. All shopping center sign policies are posted below. The Planning Division staff has the complete original sign policies on file. Only portions pertaining to permanent tenant identification signage are posted below.
- Brookside Office Center
- Corporate Center
- Corporate Gardens
- Exeter Village
- Farmington Centre
- Forest Hill Professional Plaza
- Forest Hill Shops (Poplar Pike and Forest Hill-Irene)
- Fresh Market Center
- Germantown Collection
- Germantown Crossing
- Germantown Plaza
- Germantown Station
- Germantown Village Square Mall
- London Park
- Market Square
- Office Building at 3860 Forest Hill-Irene Road
- Office Centre
- Old Town Center
- Poplar Collection
- Poplar Market Place
- River Center Shopping Center
- Saddle Creek
- Saddle Creek North
- Saddle Creek South
- Saddle Creek West
- Stansell Square
- Shops of Forest Hill (Poplar and Forest Hill-Irene)
- Washington Square Commercial
- Wolf River Professional Center
- Wolf River Retail Center