Code Compliance is charged with review and approval of temporary sign permits. The charge for a temporary sign permit is $30. If the request meets the ordinance requirements, a permit can be issued by Neighborhood Services, located at 1920 South Germantown Road.
For more information, contact Charmaine Jones at CJones@Germantown-TN.gov or call (901) 751-7603.
Business front window sign information sheet
Permanent SignsAll permanent signs are subject to review by the City of Germantown. The documents listed below will assist applicants in making permanent sign requests. For information pertaining to permanent signage, contact Sarah Goralewski, Planner, at SGoralewski@Germantown-TN.gov (901) 757-7295 or Sheila Pounder, Planning Division Manager, at SPounder@Germantown-TN.gov or call (901) 751-5681. Application forms and information related to filing deadlines are available here.
Germantown Code of Ordinances - see Chapter 14, SIGNS
Staff Administrative ReviewAn application for a permanent sign request where a sign policy has been approved will only be considered if the sign meets the following conditions:
- The sign is for a tenant who is located in a center with an approved sign policy;
- The sign complies with all of the requirements of the center sign policy; AND
- The sign complies with all of the requirements of the City of Germantown Sign Ordinance.
Design Review Commission ReviewDesign Review Commission (DRC) Application for Permanent Sign - In order to be heard by the DRC, this application must be completed for the following permanent sign requests:
- The sign is for a tenant who is not located in a center with an approved sign policy;
- The sign is for a tenant who is located in a center with an approved sign policy but does not comply with all of the requirements of the policy; or
- The sign does not comply with all of the requirements of the City of Germantown Sign Ordinance.
Shopping Center Sign PoliciesApplicants making a permanent sign request for a tenant in a shopping center with an approved sign policy must obtain a copy of the center's sign policy. All shopping center sign policies are posted below. The Planning Division staff has the complete original sign policies on file. Only portions pertaining to permanent tenant identification signage are posted below.
Brookside Office Center
Crye Leike Plaza
Forest Hill Professional Plaza
Forest Hill Shops (Poplar Pike and Forest Hill-Irene)
Fresh Market Center
Germantown Village Square Mall
Office Building (Located at 3860 Forest Hill-Irene Road)
Old Town Center
Poplar Market Place
River Center Shopping Center
Saddle Creek Northeast
Saddle Creek South
Saddle Creek West
Shops of Forest Hill (Poplar and Forest Hill-Irene)
Washington Square Commercial
Wolf River Professional Center
Wolf River Retail Center