The Friends of the Germantown Community Library are pleased to accept new and gently used* materials through public donations at Germantown Community Library. The Friends provide library staff an opportunity to review all donations and select any titles that would make good additions to the collection. All other materials will be used during book sales to generate funds to support Germantown Community Library.
While all donations are important, the Friends have established the following guidelines for the acceptance of donated materials.
The Friends are pleased to accept the following materials:
- Fiction and non-fiction books
- DVD and CD (original only – no copies accepted)
- Cassettes and videos (original only – no copies accepted)
- Textbooks (up to three (3) years old)
- Encyclopedia sets
- LP records
- Computer software
- Readers Digest condensed books
- Medical or Law textbooks
- Serial romances more than two (2) years old (Harlequin, Silhouette, etc…)
- Coloring books, student workbooks, puzzle books
- Textbooks older than three (3) years
- Non-fiction VHS tapes
- Chick-fil-A books
Donations can be dropped off at the Friends Bookstore during open hours. The Bookstore is open:
- Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Saturday, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
*Gently used materials are defined as: books (and audio/video covers) that do not have breakage, stains, discoloration, water damage or odor.