Storytimes and Stories Online
- Goodnight with Dolly - A special 10 week series of weekly videos featuring Dolly Parton reading select Imagination Library books.
- Storyline Online - Streams videos featuring celebrated actors reading children’s books alongside creatively produced illustrations. Readers include Viola Davis, Chris Pine, Lily Tomlin, Kevin Costner, Annette Bening, James Earl Jones, Betty White and dozens more.
- Storytime from Space - Astronauts on the International Space Station read stories to and conduct science experiments for the children of Earth as the world rotates below.
- KidLit TV - View storytimes and interviews with authors, plus draw with illustrators and more.
- Storynory - Free audio stories for kids, from fairy tales to mythology, poetry and more.
Online Lessons, Lesson Plans & Study Aids
- Khan Academy - Offers free learning for all ages, including daily schedules for kids 4 to 18, parent and teacher resources and more.
- GoNoodle - Free movement and mindfulness videos for kids and their families, created by child development experts.
- CommonLit - Over 2,000 high-quality free reading passages for grades 3-12, complemented by aligned interim assessments, growth-oriented data, and expert-led teacher development.
- Scholastic Learn at Home - Day-by-day projects to help kids Pre-K through grade 9 keep learning, thinking and growing.
Library Presenters Online Programs
- Animalogy - Check Animalogy's page for their upcoming Facebook live & educational videos, plus their new series "Animalogy Homeschools."
- Mr. Bond's Science Guys - Visit Mr. Bond's Science Guys on Facebook for streaming science videos, and Youtube and their Science Blog for cool science experiments.
Learning Resources Offering Free Accounts
These sites usually offer paid services, but have made their content free during the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Audible Stories - Streaming audiobooks in the categories Littlest Listeners, Elementary, Tween, Teen, Literary Classics and Folk & Fairy Tales for All.
- Beanstalk - Interactive classes for ages 1.5 to 6 years.
- Zearn Math Distance Learning - K-5 curriculum – including 400 hours of digital lessons with on-screen teachers and supportive remediation – is available for free during this time through no-cost individual accounts. Follow this link for more information on how to sign up.
- BrainPOP - Parents and schools can impacted by school closures can request free access to BrainPOP's animated resources that support Math, Science, Social Studies, English, Technology, Arts & Music and Health. All content is aligned to and searchable by state standards including Common Core.