We recommend that this meeting's agenda(s) and communication to meeting attendee(s) be in accordance with the library hours of operation. Meeting rooms are accessible to the public once the building opens to the public. Those hours of operation are:
Sunday, 1 to 6 p.m.
Monday through Thursday, 9:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Friday and Saturday, 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Who can use the Conference Room?
- The Conference Room is available to nonprofit organizations. Any group using the Conference Room should be able to provide proof of nonprofit status.
- The contact person for the nonprofit group must have a current Germantown Library card.
- Germantown Community Library does not discriminate in reserving the Conference Room based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual preference, age, or physical limitation.
Who cannot use the Conference Room?
- Non-library groups soliciting business or actively selling items or services cannot use the Conference Room.
- Groups cannot use the Conference Room for fundraising activities or events that are not sponsored by the library.
How do I reserve the Conference Room?
- To reserve the Conference Room, an adult (18 years old or older) must review the GCL Conference Room Policy and complete a Conference Room Application. Both of these are available at the library. Applications should be submitted at least two weeks in advance.
What kind of information do I need for the application?
- Each group must provide a contact person’s name and phone number and present a current Germantown Library card. Changes in this information should be reported to the library.
- Specific dates and times should be recorded on the application.
Is the Conference Room available on a walk-in basis?
- Only the small group rooms will be available for walk-in patrons.
- The Conference Room is available during the library’s normal operating hours. It is not available when the library is closed.
- The Conference Room is booked on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Groups are limited to one reservation per month to ensure that Conference Room space is available to as many organizations as possible.
- The library reserves the right to limit the length of time that any group can reserve the Conference Room.
- Groups may book the Conference Room for the current calendar year. Reservations will be available for the next calendar year beginning no later than November of the prior calendar year, or once the times and dates of library programs have been determined. Library programs will take precedence over group meetings.
- The designated organizational contact will be notified if the Conference Room request is approved and the dates and times can be accommodated.
What if I need to cancel or reschedule my meeting?
- The library must be notified in advance of any cancellation or change in meeting time or date.
- Room will be held for 30 minutes after reservation, after which it will be made available to others.
- Failure to cancel or reschedule a meeting two or more times in any six month period will result in the organization losing Conference Room privileges for six months.
What are my responsibilities?
- Each group must check-in at the reference desk before or at the time of their reservation.
- Each group is responsible for setting up the Conference Room in the way that they deem fit.
- The Conference Room must be left in the condition in which it was found.
- A fee will be charged for repairs, damages, or special cleaning as determined by the Library Director.
- Groups wishing to invite an outside speaker must inform the library at least one week in advance. Groups must provide a copy of any planned promotional materials that include the name or address of the library.
Is there anything else I should know?
- All programs or meetings must be free.
- Programs may not disrupt the others using the library.
- Permission to use the Conference Room does not imply that the library endorses the views, aims, policies, or activities of any group or organization.